XBox Games Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the XBox games forum - A new and growing XBOX 360 gaming forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

WOW.. Just WOW

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
BadOmenYourWay
Promoter
Promoter
BadOmenYourWay

Gamertag : BadOmenYourWay
Forum Achievements : 5
Trade Rep : 0
Cash : 684
Times Thanked : 1

WOW.. Just WOW Empty
PostSubject: WOW.. Just WOW   WOW.. Just WOW EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 2:52 am

I got banned from XBL until tomorrow *which my gold runs out that day too* for having my bio as this. "If your going to act hard and start saying shit, make sure you can back it up"

I posted this in the XBOX 360 Problems topic because now i have a problem with them. There fucking retarded lol.
Back to top Go down
http://tsod.freeclanforum.com/
Phenom 247
Phenom 247

Gamertag : Phenom 247
Forum Achievements : 7
Cash : 651
Times Thanked : 11

WOW.. Just WOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOW.. Just WOW   WOW.. Just WOW EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 2:56 am

I was banned for a couple days last year because I had the following George Carlin quote as my motto (keep in mind it was censored): "We are all f*****; it helps to remember that."
Back to top Go down
Publik NME no1
Illusive Mod
Illusive Mod
Publik NME no1

Gamertag : Publik NME no1
Forum Achievements : 15
Trade Rep : 4
Cash : 1568
Times Thanked : 10

WOW.. Just WOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOW.. Just WOW   WOW.. Just WOW EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 2:56 am

What group are you in? (Family, rec, underground etc.)

Not sure that it makes a difference mind you.
Back to top Go down
BadOmenYourWay
Promoter
Promoter
BadOmenYourWay

WOW.. Just WOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOW.. Just WOW   WOW.. Just WOW EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 2:59 am

Uhh, my Zone is Pro i think, i was thinking of changing it to Underground though. And Thats even worse griz, is Microsoft fucking retarded or something? Half of their games are nothing BUT cussing and debauchery, how the hell does one word get people banned for a day?
Back to top Go down
Phenom 247
Phenom 247

WOW.. Just WOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOW.. Just WOW   WOW.. Just WOW EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 3:21 am

My thoughts exactly! I could "kind of" see their point if my motto was uncensored, but the fact that I made the effort to censor it makes their standpoint a bit absurd in my eyes.
Back to top Go down
BadOmenYourWay
Promoter
Promoter
BadOmenYourWay

WOW.. Just WOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOW.. Just WOW   WOW.. Just WOW EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 3:26 am

And in my Bio "shit" was not even used in the cursing form of the word, it was "Saying shit". It does not make any damn sense in my mind how it was something i could get BANNED for. Especially since my gold is running out 4/4 and thats when my ban is lifted.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Gamertag : UK Ninja
Forum Achievements : 6
Trade Rep : 7
Cash : 1004
Times Thanked : 12

WOW.. Just WOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOW.. Just WOW   WOW.. Just WOW EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 3:44 am

Wow that's seriously wrong lol

It's good to know though for future reference I'm sure I used a swear word or 2 in my bio before I changed it
Back to top Go down
http://www.xbox360gamesforum.com
DaddyDaveedo
Vault Hunter
Vault Hunter
DaddyDaveedo

Gamertag : DaddyDaveedo
Cash : 2413

WOW.. Just WOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOW.. Just WOW   WOW.. Just WOW EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 3:45 am

Publik NME no1 wrote:

Your zone makes no difference to what you can or can't put in your profile in terms of swearing or anything like that.

Back on OT, You clearly broke a Xbox term and Condition which is having a swear word in your Bio, It is clear in their terms and conditions that any foul language or racist remarks and so on will result in a ban so working on your logic you sir are the retard not microsoft for putting a swear word in your bio.

and before you start spitting your dummy out because I commented on your topic in this way I would say this to anyone stupid enough to put a swear word or racist comment in their profile and then bitch and moan about microsoft for censoring it.

And the reason games can swear and so on is because they can be sold with an age restriction on them where as a profile can't.
Back to top Go down
BadOmenYourWay
Promoter
Promoter
BadOmenYourWay

WOW.. Just WOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOW.. Just WOW   WOW.. Just WOW EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 3:49 am

DaddyDaveedo wrote:
Publik NME no1 wrote:

Your zone makes no difference to what you can or can't put in your profile in terms of swearing or anything like that.

Back on OT, You clearly broke a Xbox term and Condition which is having a swear word in your Bio, It is clear in their terms and conditions that any foul language or racist remarks and so on will result in a ban so working on your logic you sir are the retard not microsoft for putting a swear word in your bio.

and before you start spitting your dummy out because I commented on your topic in this way I would say this to anyone stupid enough to put a swear word or racist comment in their profile and then bitch and moan about microsoft for censoring it.

And the reason games can swear and so on is because they can be sold with an age restriction on them where as a profile can't.

There is a difference between a actual curse word/swear word and using it in different terms though, And spitting my dummy? I was in a bad mood that day so drop it Dave, i already pmed you about that. But what i still don't get is i have seen FAR worse bio's that have huge rants with every other word being a curse word, so why did I get banned for one simple word that was not being used in the context of a swear word and they get to run around all happy and merry with a bio of crap?
Back to top Go down
DaddyDaveedo
Vault Hunter
Vault Hunter
DaddyDaveedo

WOW.. Just WOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOW.. Just WOW   WOW.. Just WOW EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 3:53 am

BadOmenYourWay wrote:
DaddyDaveedo wrote:
Publik NME no1 wrote:

There is a difference between a actual curse word/swear word and using it in different terms though, And spitting my dummy? I was in a bad mood that day so drop it Dave, i already pmed you about that. But what i still don't get is i have seen FAR worse bio's that have huge rants with every other word being a curse word, so why did I get banned for one simple word that was not being used in the context of a swear word and they get to run around all happy and merry with a bio of crap?

Because clearly you have been online and people have seen your profile and reported you OR its simply Microsoft has finally picked up on it, My brother had a swear word in his profile for over a year before he was finally picked up on it, when I rang Xbox to see why all of a sudden it wasn't allowed I told that sometimes because of the ammount of people on live and the man power it takes to check profiles it can take awhile for things to get spoted. so maybe thats all it was. As for the FAR worse profiles, either microsoft haven't got around to them or noones reported them yet, if you report someone microsft flags that profile more then someone who gets no reports against them.
Back to top Go down
BadOmenYourWay
Promoter
Promoter
BadOmenYourWay

WOW.. Just WOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOW.. Just WOW   WOW.. Just WOW EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 4:00 am

DaddyDaveedo wrote:
BadOmenYourWay wrote:
DaddyDaveedo wrote:
Publik NME no1 wrote:

Because clearly you have been online and people have seen your profile and reported you OR its simply Microsoft has finally picked up on it, My brother had a swear word in his profile for over a year before he was finally picked up on it, when I rang Xbox to see why all of a sudden it wasn't allowed I told that sometimes because of the ammount of people on live and the man power it takes to check profiles it can take awhile for things to get spoted. so maybe thats all it was. As for the FAR worse profiles, either microsoft haven't got around to them or noones reported them yet, if you report someone microsft flags that profile more then someone who gets no reports against them.

I see, and i understand its in the rules that you are not to have vulgar language and such, but what i don't understand is why they can't give you a warning first to change it before they just outright ban you, I mean if you have a bio full of nothing but curse words i can see why they should ban you for a while to force the point, but one little swear word not even used in the context of a swear word? They should change it to one warning message that states something like "If your Bio/Motto/Gamertag/etc is not changed within a week you will be banned until XX/XX/XXXX."
Back to top Go down
Publik NME no1
Illusive Mod
Illusive Mod
Publik NME no1

Gamertag : Publik NME no1
Cash : 1568
Times Thanked : 10

WOW.. Just WOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOW.. Just WOW   WOW.. Just WOW EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 4:45 am

A one day ban is what I would consider a warning. You were in the wrong suck it up and move on.

If you want a 48 hour code to make up for it, I'll PM you one.
Back to top Go down
BadOmenYourWay
Promoter
Promoter
BadOmenYourWay

WOW.. Just WOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOW.. Just WOW   WOW.. Just WOW EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 5:01 am

I don't need a 48 hour code, but thanks anyway.
Back to top Go down
Phenom 247
Phenom 247

WOW.. Just WOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOW.. Just WOW   WOW.. Just WOW EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 5:04 am

I agree with all your guys comments, but I do have to say, in my situation, I feel it was a bit overkill by Microsoft. By those standards they could ban you if you replaced any curse word with another word or even a "beep", like if it was censored on TV or something (i.e. "Go frog yourself" as opposed to "Go F*** yourself.") That is all I have to say on the subject. Laughing
Back to top Go down
KiLLWaVez
1 Month Gold
1 Month Gold
KiLLWaVez

Forum Achievements : 0
Cash : 312
Times Thanked : 0

WOW.. Just WOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOW.. Just WOW   WOW.. Just WOW EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 5:31 am

BadOmenYourWay wrote:
I got banned from XBL until tomorrow *which my gold runs out that day too* for having my bio as this. "If your going to act hard and start saying shit, make sure you can back it up"

I posted this in the XBOX 360 Problems topic because now i have a problem with them. There fucking retarded lol.
Are you kidding...? that can get you banned? thats ridiculous beyond belife
Back to top Go down
https://www.playfire.com/KiLLa4DeScriLLa/updates/1360310
KiLLWaVez
1 Month Gold
1 Month Gold
KiLLWaVez

WOW.. Just WOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOW.. Just WOW   WOW.. Just WOW EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 5:32 am

Publik NME no1 wrote:

I dont really understand groups? what is the point in them soz for x2post
Back to top Go down
BadOmenYourWay
Promoter
Promoter
BadOmenYourWay

WOW.. Just WOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOW.. Just WOW   WOW.. Just WOW EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 1:03 pm

Im not sure whats up with the groups, but i found a situation that makes me REALLY think Microsoft is freaking retarded. I did some research and found that about two years ago someone who live in the city of Fort Gay, which is actually pretty close to me in Martinsburg, put his location AS Fort Gay and got perma banned for refusing to change it. They had to get the mayor of the town to call Microsoft to tell them that it was a real place and to unban him, which i think was freaking RETARDED that they even banned him at all for him putting his location as Fort Gay because it is a real city...
Back to top Go down
Azrahgade
1 Month Gold
1 Month Gold
Azrahgade

Gamertag : Azrahgade
Cash : 193
Times Thanked : 2

WOW.. Just WOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOW.. Just WOW   WOW.. Just WOW EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 1:17 pm

I may add any document an American signs, (which Omen is) in order to be legal in the United States, it has to obide by the constitution. Freedom of Speech, which does have it's limits.

You can not harass someone, or vulgarly abuse another. Using a highly slur term is not in anyway against the law as long as your not using it against someone. Enhancing your statement is completely legal. Also, profiles do have restrictions Dave. They ask for your Age when you sign up, if you are under 18 you can not do certain things unless you have parental guidence. In which case, him being banned is complete bullshit. Instead of being an ass about his rant just agree with him be comforting and he will get over it a lot quicker that way then reading an ignorant post. Which by the way I found your post quite ignorant. Though it may be true, it wasn't needed or could have been said in a more mature way.
Back to top Go down
DaddyDaveedo
Vault Hunter
Vault Hunter
DaddyDaveedo

WOW.. Just WOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOW.. Just WOW   WOW.. Just WOW EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 12:07 am

BadOmenYourWay wrote:
DaddyDaveedo wrote:
BadOmenYourWay wrote:
DaddyDaveedo wrote:
Publik NME no1 wrote:

I see, and i understand its in the rules that you are not to have vulgar language and such, but what i don't understand is why they can't give you a warning first to change it before they just outright ban you, I mean if you have a bio full of nothing but curse words i can see why they should ban you for a while to force the point, but one little swear word not even used in the context of a swear word? They should change it to one warning message that states something like "If your Bio/Motto/Gamertag/etc is not changed within a week you will be banned until XX/XX/XXXX."

I think mate that its all to do with the one day ban is infact the caution, i think its ment to be look what will happen rather then them just sending a letter and saying look this will happen as i think most people might just ignore it.

I've known times people have turned their xbox on to find they have to change their gamertag without any warning, its free like but still.
My brother had to do it, granted his was "YuckStouFupid" Lol. But the one that really bonggled me was my mate had to change his from "No1 Modder" (as he likes to mod all his cars) and the only reason we can think is people have reported him because he has the word MOD in his name and so people must have thought he ment modding his controllers or something, lol. Yes i agree it is daft that we arn't allowed to put anything we like in our profiles or usernames but that's what Microsoft have chosen to do, rightly or wrongly for us gamers.
Back to top Go down
DaddyDaveedo
Vault Hunter
Vault Hunter
DaddyDaveedo

WOW.. Just WOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOW.. Just WOW   WOW.. Just WOW EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 12:49 am

Azrahgade wrote:
I may add any document an American signs, (which Omen is) in order to be legal in the United States, it has to obide by the constitution. Freedom of Speech, which does have it's limits.

You can not harass someone, or vulgarly abuse another. Using a highly slur term is not in anyway against the law as long as your not using it against someone. Enhancing your statement is completely legal. Also, profiles do have restrictions Dave. They ask for your Age when you sign up, if you are under 18 you can not do certain things unless you have parental guidence. In which case, him being banned is complete bullshit. Instead of being an ass about his rant just agree with him be comforting and he will get over it a lot quicker that way then reading an ignorant post. Which by the way I found your post quite ignorant. Though it may be true, it wasn't needed or could have been said in a more mature way.

Well I'm sorry you feel my post where "ignorant" but I agree totally with Microsoft's policies, If you have swear words or anything vulgar in your profile, GT and so on it should be re-moved, having a age restriction and proof of your age doesn't stop under-age children playing the xbox and possible seeing your (or someone else's) profile unless you block it from being seen by people not on your friends list but it still should not be in there, freedom of speech is bullshit, its a term overly used by the americans because its used in your constitution, but think about it really, how much freedom of speech do you have nowadays? with Political Correction, noone has it, you couldn't walk up to your boss and tell him what you thought of him without worrying about being fired, even tho thats your freedom to do so. Same applies here microsoft have decided rightly or wrongly that there will be no swear words, abusive texts or vulgar statements in peoples bio's. thats just the rules. so when someone comes on and makes a topic about how wrong it is, weiter I agree with them or not I will point out they have no reason to be upset with microsoft but only with them selves.

As for the way I spoken to Omen in these posts, we had just been thought a little tiff (shall we say) and not seen eye to eye on something so yes maybe I did let that cloud my judgement on what I typed but I couldn't careless what you thought of those comment. only what Omen thinks and if he feel I was out of order which yeah maybe I could have said them differently then I'm sorry to Omen.
Back to top Go down
KiLLWaVez
1 Month Gold
1 Month Gold
KiLLWaVez

WOW.. Just WOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOW.. Just WOW   WOW.. Just WOW EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 1:42 am

I think it should depend on the context the swear word is used in... we all live in the world world and everyones shit stinks..
Back to top Go down
BadOmenYourWay
Promoter
Promoter
BadOmenYourWay

WOW.. Just WOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOW.. Just WOW   WOW.. Just WOW EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 1:51 am

It didn't bother me Dave lol, im over it now that im unbanned, although my new bio is Microsoft=DERP
Back to top Go down
DaddyDaveedo
Vault Hunter
Vault Hunter
DaddyDaveedo

WOW.. Just WOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOW.. Just WOW   WOW.. Just WOW EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 1:56 am

BadOmenYourWay wrote:
It didn't bother me Dave lol, im over it now that im unbanned, although my new bio is Microsoft=DERP
didnt think you would mind mate, just making a point. :-) wikid bio tho. Lol
Back to top Go down
BadOmenYourWay
Promoter
Promoter
BadOmenYourWay

WOW.. Just WOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOW.. Just WOW   WOW.. Just WOW EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 1:58 am

BadOmenYourWay wrote:
Im not sure whats up with the groups, but i found a situation that makes me REALLY think Microsoft is freaking retarded. I did some research and found that about two years ago someone who live in the city of Fort Gay, which is actually pretty close to me in Martinsburg, put his location AS Fort Gay and got perma banned for refusing to change it. They had to get the mayor of the town to call Microsoft to tell them that it was a real place and to unban him, which i think was freaking RETARDED that they even banned him at all for him putting his location as Fort Gay because it is a real city...

This is the only reason i made it Microsoft=DERP ^^^^
Back to top Go down
KiLLWaVez
1 Month Gold
1 Month Gold
KiLLWaVez

WOW.. Just WOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOW.. Just WOW   WOW.. Just WOW EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 2:00 am

BadOmenYourWay wrote:
BadOmenYourWay wrote:

This is the only reason i made it Microsoft=DERP ^^^^
prepare for your next ban
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

WOW.. Just WOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOW.. Just WOW   WOW.. Just WOW Empty

Back to top Go down

WOW.. Just WOW

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum