XBox Games Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the XBox games forum - A new and growing XBOX 360 gaming forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Rumour: Next Xbox Reaches Manufacturing Stage

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DaddyDaveedo
Vault Hunter
Vault Hunter
DaddyDaveedo

Gamertag : DaddyDaveedo
Forum Achievements : 15
Trade Rep : 4
Cash : 2413
Times Thanked : 11

Rumour: Next Xbox Reaches Manufacturing Stage Empty
PostSubject: Rumour: Next Xbox Reaches Manufacturing Stage   Rumour: Next Xbox Reaches Manufacturing Stage EmptyFri May 04, 2012 11:44 pm

Rumour has it that the next Xbox is already at the manufacturing stage.

According to the latest reports, Flextronics has begun building the machines in Austin, Texas. That’s the same company that made the original Xbox and Xbox 360.

Rather than retail models, however, it is being speculated that the units are debugs for developers to get cracking making next-gen games.

Rather than just issue a flat-out, one sentence denial, Microsoft have gone a little further in responding to the rumour.

“Xbox 360 has found new ways to extend its lifecycle like introducing the world to controller-free experiences with Kinect and re-inventing the console with a new dashboard and new entertainment content partnerships,” said a Microsoft statement.

“We are always thinking about what is next for our platform and how to continue to defy the lifecycle convention. Beyond that we do not comment on rumours or speculation.”

Meanwhile, Flextronics has declined to comment.

[link]
Back to top Go down
http://www.xbox360gamesforum.com
Publik NME no1
Illusive Mod
Illusive Mod
Publik NME no1

Gamertag : Publik NME no1
Cash : 1568
Times Thanked : 10

PostSubject: Re: Rumour: Next Xbox Reaches Manufacturing Stage   Rumour: Next Xbox Reaches Manufacturing Stage EmptyFri May 04, 2012 11:50 pm

I still feel that the 360 is evolving. No need for the next gen yet IMO.
Back to top Go down
DaddyDaveedo
Vault Hunter
Vault Hunter
DaddyDaveedo

Gamertag : DaddyDaveedo
Cash : 2413

PostSubject: Re: Rumour: Next Xbox Reaches Manufacturing Stage   Rumour: Next Xbox Reaches Manufacturing Stage EmptyFri May 04, 2012 11:58 pm

100% agree, Besides with DLC and so on there really isn't any need to release a new console ever 5 or so years like the old days!
Back to top Go down
http://www.xbox360gamesforum.com
Phenom 247
Phenom 247

Gamertag : Phenom 247
Forum Achievements : 7
Trade Rep : 0
Cash : 651

PostSubject: Re: Rumour: Next Xbox Reaches Manufacturing Stage   Rumour: Next Xbox Reaches Manufacturing Stage EmptySat May 05, 2012 12:19 am

Totally agree on not needing a new console yet. With all the redesigns, DLC, and now that more "hardcore" games (i.e. Mass Effect 3) are incorporating Kinect, I just don't see why a new console would be necessary any time soon.
Back to top Go down
BikiniCladKilla
48 Hour Trial
48 Hour Trial
BikiniCladKilla

Forum Achievements : 0
Trade Rep : 0
Cash : 23
Times Thanked : 0

PostSubject: Re: Rumour: Next Xbox Reaches Manufacturing Stage   Rumour: Next Xbox Reaches Manufacturing Stage EmptySat May 12, 2012 9:57 am

I have to agree I dont see much of a need for a new console yet. Except of course for $$$ Laughing Making used games an impossibility and the estimated price for the new 360 (of course probably no where near accurate at this point). Idk maybe i will inevitably join my hubby with his jump to PC.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/BikiniCladKilla
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rumour: Next Xbox Reaches Manufacturing Stage   Rumour: Next Xbox Reaches Manufacturing Stage Empty

Back to top Go down

Rumour: Next Xbox Reaches Manufacturing Stage

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1