XBox Games Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the XBox games forum - A new and growing XBOX 360 gaming forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Microsoft Patent Pressure-Sensitive Xbox 360 Controller

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DaddyDaveedo
Vault Hunter
Vault Hunter
DaddyDaveedo

Gamertag : DaddyDaveedo
Forum Achievements : 15
Trade Rep : 4
Cash : 2413
Times Thanked : 11

Microsoft Patent Pressure-Sensitive Xbox 360 Controller Empty
PostSubject: Microsoft Patent Pressure-Sensitive Xbox 360 Controller   Microsoft Patent Pressure-Sensitive Xbox 360 Controller EmptyWed May 09, 2012 11:50 pm

Microsoft has Patented a pressure-sensitive Xbox 360 controller that can apparently identify who you are when you hold it, based upon your personal "hand-pressure signature". Using pressure sensors, the controller could then offer personalised content to the user holding it, which would be attached to your usual user profile and Gamertag.

According to the patent, you could use the controller's pressure sensors and your unique hand-pressure signature to log in to your account by simply grabbing the controller. "In the example whereby the user information is a username and a password, the user may be automatically logged into a gaming service, an email service, and the like simply by grasping the device," it says.

Originally filed in March 2009, the pressure-senstive controller patent has only recently been approved. Could it be the next generation of Xbox 360 controller and could it be revealed at E3 this year? Maybe... Check out the patent drawing below. That's a lot of pressure sensors.

[Via Engadget]

Microsoft Patent Pressure-Sensitive Xbox 360 Controller Pressure_sens_360controller[Link]
Back to top Go down
http://www.xbox360gamesforum.com
Phenom 247
Phenom 247

Gamertag : Phenom 247
Forum Achievements : 7
Trade Rep : 0
Cash : 651

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Patent Pressure-Sensitive Xbox 360 Controller   Microsoft Patent Pressure-Sensitive Xbox 360 Controller EmptyThu May 10, 2012 12:25 am

Am I the only one that thinks this is just one more step closer to my Xbox becoming "self-aware" and attacking me in my sleep? Laughing
Back to top Go down
DaddyDaveedo
Vault Hunter
Vault Hunter
DaddyDaveedo

Gamertag : DaddyDaveedo
Forum Achievements : 15
Trade Rep : 4
Cash : 2413

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Patent Pressure-Sensitive Xbox 360 Controller   Microsoft Patent Pressure-Sensitive Xbox 360 Controller EmptyThu May 10, 2012 12:35 am

griz696 wrote:
Am I the only one that thinks this is just one more step closer to my Xbox becoming "self-aware" and attacking me in my sleep? Laughing

LMAO!

Defo mate, lol, can picture it now as you're lying there asleep you just hear from downstairs in a low soft voice "Griz, Griiiizzzz, Come and play with me" Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

You deside to ignore it as you're still half asleep and you think your sleeping then out of no where........

BANG!!!!!!!! Xbox has climbed the stairs and is smashing your face in with the kinect sensor because you decided to go to sleep rather then play xbox!!!!!

Sorry lost myself there.... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
http://www.xbox360gamesforum.com
Losthalo51
48 Hour Trial
48 Hour Trial
Losthalo51

Forum Achievements : 0
Trade Rep : 0
Cash : 24
Times Thanked : 0

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Patent Pressure-Sensitive Xbox 360 Controller   Microsoft Patent Pressure-Sensitive Xbox 360 Controller EmptyThu May 10, 2012 7:40 pm

This is rather useless and a waste.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Patent Pressure-Sensitive Xbox 360 Controller   Microsoft Patent Pressure-Sensitive Xbox 360 Controller Empty

Back to top Go down

Microsoft Patent Pressure-Sensitive Xbox 360 Controller

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
XBox Games Forums :: XBox Games Forum - Main forums :: XBox General Forum-