XBox Games Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the XBox games forum - A new and growing XBOX 360 gaming forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

what are some GOOD third person shooters?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
KiLLWaVez
1 Month Gold
1 Month Gold
KiLLWaVez

Forum Achievements : 0
Trade Rep : 0
Cash : 312
Times Thanked : 0

what are some GOOD third person shooters? Empty
PostSubject: what are some GOOD third person shooters?   what are some GOOD third person shooters? EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 5:35 am

I really enjoy third person shooters Im the type of guy that thinks terminator salvation was a 7/10 because I really like playing third person shooter with realistic weapons, can anyone name me and TPS with a good story with realistic weapons e.g shot gun, sniper etc etc... I've already got RE5, Mafia 2 I was thinking of getting shadows of the damned but meh doesnt look that fun I like atleast abit realisim in my games tbh
Back to top Go down
https://www.playfire.com/KiLLa4DeScriLLa/updates/1360310
Publik NME no1
Illusive Mod
Illusive Mod
Publik NME no1

Gamertag : Publik NME no1
Forum Achievements : 15
Trade Rep : 4
Cash : 1568
Times Thanked : 10

PostSubject: Re: what are some GOOD third person shooters?   what are some GOOD third person shooters? EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 5:54 am

I'm curious as to what you would score Gears of War out of 10 if you give Terminator a 7?

Warhammer 40000 Space Marine is supposed to be petty good. I've got it but haven't played it yet.
Back to top Go down
BadOmenYourWay
Promoter
Promoter
BadOmenYourWay

Gamertag : BadOmenYourWay
Forum Achievements : 5
Cash : 684
Times Thanked : 1

PostSubject: Re: what are some GOOD third person shooters?   what are some GOOD third person shooters? EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 7:25 am

Does Grand Theft Auto count? I've always loved them lol.
Back to top Go down
http://tsod.freeclanforum.com/
KiLLWaVez
1 Month Gold
1 Month Gold
KiLLWaVez

PostSubject: Re: what are some GOOD third person shooters?   what are some GOOD third person shooters? EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 1:46 am

Publik NME no1 wrote:
I'm curious as to what you would score Gears of War out of 10 if you give Terminator a 7?

Warhammer 40000 Space Marine is supposed to be petty good. I've got it but haven't played it yet.
also a 7 maybe 7.5
Back to top Go down
Publik NME no1
Illusive Mod
Illusive Mod
Publik NME no1

PostSubject: Re: what are some GOOD third person shooters?   what are some GOOD third person shooters? EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 1:52 am

Your saying that Terminator is as good as Gears of War in your opinion? Shocked

Remind me not to listen your reviews. LOL
Back to top Go down
KiLLWaVez
1 Month Gold
1 Month Gold
KiLLWaVez

PostSubject: Re: what are some GOOD third person shooters?   what are some GOOD third person shooters? EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 2:02 am

Publik NME no1 wrote:
Your saying that Terminator is as good as Gears of War in your opinion? Shocked

Remind me not to listen your reviews. LOL
its as good as gears 3.. IMO gears 3 campaign has the same amount of excitement has TS.. tbh maybe even less when I think about how boring the campaign was.. casual and hardcore are both easy but insane is really hard so I played it on hardcore and got bored very quickly.. TS was fun as hell i still gotta do my hard play through
Back to top Go down
Publik NME no1
Illusive Mod
Illusive Mod
Publik NME no1

PostSubject: Re: what are some GOOD third person shooters?   what are some GOOD third person shooters? EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 2:04 am

Who said anything about Gears 3? Wink
Back to top Go down
KiLLWaVez
1 Month Gold
1 Month Gold
KiLLWaVez

PostSubject: Re: what are some GOOD third person shooters?   what are some GOOD third person shooters? EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 2:15 am

Publik NME no1 wrote:
Who said anything about Gears 3? Wink
well I assumed that you specifically meant gears 3 as comparing TS to a trilogy is kinda stupid.
Back to top Go down
Publik NME no1
Illusive Mod
Illusive Mod
Publik NME no1

PostSubject: Re: what are some GOOD third person shooters?   what are some GOOD third person shooters? EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 2:43 am

Who said anything about a trilogy? I said Gears of War (the first one).... Please take care to read more carefully. Wink
Back to top Go down
Phenom 247
Phenom 247

Gamertag : Phenom 247
Forum Achievements : 7
Cash : 651
Times Thanked : 11

PostSubject: Re: what are some GOOD third person shooters?   what are some GOOD third person shooters? EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 3:19 am

The Army of Two games a pretty fun IMO....better if you have someone to play with, though, instead of the computer AI
Back to top Go down
DaddyDaveedo
Vault Hunter
Vault Hunter
DaddyDaveedo

Gamertag : DaddyDaveedo
Cash : 2413

PostSubject: Re: what are some GOOD third person shooters?   what are some GOOD third person shooters? EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 3:34 am

SWaG-WaVe wrote:
Publik NME no1 wrote:

also a 7 maybe 7.5

You must be the only person on this planet that would rate, gears of war 7.5 and Terminator a 7. Even if you got it confused for gear 3, its still such a weird rating for it.

Gears 3 at its worst would be rated about 8.6, terminator about a 5.0... realistically. If you don't believe anyone could rate those games that low I will gladly search the internet for you and paste some rating. Now don't get me wrong every person likes their own type of game and feels that a certain game is better then another so don't feel I'm having a go at you, I'm just mind boggled at how you can rate Gears so low, even gears 3... The campaign wasn't the best out the lot but from what I've seen of the gameplay (watched a gameplay video of it online before) Its not the greatest by a long shot, you would have to be a die hard Terminator fan to really enjoy the story line.
Back to top Go down
http://www.xbox360gamesforum.com
KiLLWaVez
1 Month Gold
1 Month Gold
KiLLWaVez

PostSubject: Re: what are some GOOD third person shooters?   what are some GOOD third person shooters? EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 5:35 am

DaddyDaveedo wrote:
SWaG-WaVe wrote:
Publik NME no1 wrote:

also a 7 maybe 7.5

You must be the only person on this planet that would rate, gears of war 7.5 and Terminator a 7. Even if you got it confused for gear 3, its still such a weird rating for it.

Gears 3 at its worst would be rated about 8.6, terminator about a 5.0... realistically. If you don't believe anyone could rate those games that low I will gladly search the internet for you and paste some rating. Now don't get me wrong every person likes their own type of game and feels that a certain game is better then another so don't feel I'm having a go at you, I'm just mind boggled at how you can rate Gears so low, even gears 3... The campaign wasn't the best out the lot but from what I've seen of the gameplay (watched a gameplay video of it online before) Its not the greatest by a long shot, you would have to be a die hard Terminator fan to really enjoy the story line.
each to his own... I've seen posts where people say gears 3 was terrible not specifically giving a rating but that indicates a score lower than 7.5 surely
Back to top Go down
Azrahgade
1 Month Gold
1 Month Gold
Azrahgade

Gamertag : Azrahgade
Cash : 193
Times Thanked : 2

PostSubject: Re: what are some GOOD third person shooters?   what are some GOOD third person shooters? EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 1:40 pm

Gears of War 1 I give it a 6. At it's time though I would have given it an 8.

Gears of War 2 Now I give it a 7. At it's time I would have given it a 10. Though it's broken I had more fun with this game then any other. Fun is what truly matters right?

Gears of War 3 BETA I give it a 9. WHY?!
Only 2 tweaks needed done in the BETA gun wise..

Sawed-Off and Retro.
Instead they changed everything else. Retro need the power reduced! THAT'S IT!
Sawed-Off should have been given same range as the Gnasher, more power as it can body multiple opponents at once, and had 2 bullets. Like a REALISTIC SAWED-OFF SHOTGUN!
within 6 feet it is deadly. That would have been the simple fix to this gun!.

Gears of War 3 Now I give it a 7. Always will give it a 7. And here is why!

1. Promised dedicated servers with no lag. I still lag! BUT WAIT it's not me because I can go into a private game with my buddies (full lobby) and not lag at all!

2. It's WAY to noob friendly now. And shitty players have 1.0. Gears 2 I can tell you connection didn't mean everything. If this was your excuse, you just sucked at it. Which if you have 1MBPS (Megabyte per sec) then you would have had a rough time. This game took time and skill before you could have a devent K/D. When I finally got my 1.0 I was happy because I earned it. Now you can have litterally know knowledge of the game and start the multiplayer and do fairly well using just the retro lancer or even a regular.

Honestly if they would have just made a casual mode and kept the noobs in there and kept the Sawed-Off in there the game would have been better.

3. Weapons are mostly over powered. Flame Thrower, Lancer, Retro Lancer, Hammerburst and Sawed-Off.

Flame thrower wasn't bad in the beginning but now it's terribly overpowered.

Lancer has WAY to many bullets in one clip, should be reduced to 40 bullets a clip instead of 60. Retro should have the same power accuracy and everything as the Lancer. As it is the Lancer with a spear on it. Never understood how they would find new technology if humanity is in the fight of there life. Adding a chainsaw wouldn't be that hard. Sawed-Off should just be taken out of Public games. Hammerburst isn't bad until someone comes in to the game with a modded controller. Gnasher is the only weapon they truly just left alone.

Some are underpowered: Digger and Frag Grenades.
Digger sucks completely takes 3 shots just to MAYBE get one guy unless they are all clustered together. Grenades take to long to go off. Simple fixes.

These of course are my opinions and my beliefs. My simple belief is if you like the way Gears is played now you sucked the way it was played then.

Ok I'm done with my rant on Gears 3.

Never played TS..

But Army of Two is good.. Too Human is good (though dated graphics suffer but it's a 5 dollar game) It's a shooter/sword game.. Kind of like Fable 2/3... Red Dead Redemption. EXCELLENT GAME!
Back to top Go down
BigStu4q
Promoter
Promoter
BigStu4q

Gamertag : BigStu4q
Forum Achievements : 3
Cash : 241

PostSubject: Re: what are some GOOD third person shooters?   what are some GOOD third person shooters? EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 7:18 pm

the scorcher is porobably the deadliest weapon is gears 3, just massacres you.

the saints row series are good as TPS, although they may not fall into that catagory.

also i would say avoid kane and lynch: dead men, i thought i was a horrible game. one of 2 games i've ever given up on
Back to top Go down
Publik NME no1
Illusive Mod
Illusive Mod
Publik NME no1

PostSubject: Re: what are some GOOD third person shooters?   what are some GOOD third person shooters? EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 8:49 pm

Agreed on Kane & Lynch.

I had fun with Army of Two, it wasn't a great game but co op saved it.
Back to top Go down
BadOmenYourWay
Promoter
Promoter
BadOmenYourWay

PostSubject: Re: what are some GOOD third person shooters?   what are some GOOD third person shooters? EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 10:55 pm

Azrahgade wrote:
Never understood how they would find new technology if humanity is in the fight of there life.

The Retro Lancer was not new tech, It was Pre-Emergence day tech from the Pendulum Wars, then the Lancer was upgraded, then the Chainsaw came when Adam Fenix saw Mihn*i think it was Mihn* use a chainsaw to kill a locust. The high damage and lower clip of the Retro is due to the fact *at least this is my opinion* that it may have higher caliber rounds then what they use in the new Lancer.
Back to top Go down
DaddyDaveedo
Vault Hunter
Vault Hunter
DaddyDaveedo

Gamertag : DaddyDaveedo
Cash : 2413

PostSubject: Re: what are some GOOD third person shooters?   what are some GOOD third person shooters? EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 12:39 am

SWaG-WaVe wrote:
DaddyDaveedo wrote:
SWaG-WaVe wrote:
Publik NME no1 wrote:

also a 7 maybe 7.5

each to his own... I've seen posts where people say gears 3 was terrible not specifically giving a rating but that indicates a score lower than 7.5 surely

You know what mate, your right, How boring would the gaming world be if we all liked the same games. If you feel terminators was a good game then cool, i'm still confused as to why Wink lol:P but hey-ho.
Back to top Go down
http://www.xbox360gamesforum.com
KiLLWaVez
1 Month Gold
1 Month Gold
KiLLWaVez

PostSubject: Re: what are some GOOD third person shooters?   what are some GOOD third person shooters? EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 1:34 am

Publik NME no1 wrote:
Agreed on Kane & Lynch.

I had fun with Army of Two, it wasn't a great game but co op saved it.
Pub.. I ordered army of two a few days ago (still awaiting its arrival) Im worried because alot of people have mentioned how co-op saved the game... is it really that bad to play it single player..? I think I will struggle to find a co-op partner although I met a kid today on XBL who has the game.
Back to top Go down
Publik NME no1
Illusive Mod
Illusive Mod
Publik NME no1

PostSubject: Re: what are some GOOD third person shooters?   what are some GOOD third person shooters? EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 2:03 am

It's not that it's hard but it is designed for two player, hence the title.
Back to top Go down
KiLLWaVez
1 Month Gold
1 Month Gold
KiLLWaVez

PostSubject: Re: what are some GOOD third person shooters?   what are some GOOD third person shooters? EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 2:10 am

Publik NME no1 wrote:
It's not that it's hard but it is designed for two player, hence the title.
I guessed.. but the gameplay videos looked so cool I had to get it... did you ever play SP? what was it like playing on your own?
Back to top Go down
Publik NME no1
Illusive Mod
Illusive Mod
Publik NME no1

PostSubject: Re: what are some GOOD third person shooters?   what are some GOOD third person shooters? EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 2:17 am

Didn't play SP as I heard that the A.I. is shocking. In saying that I hear that kind of stuff all the time....might still be worth a look. As I say it's not a great game but it's not terrible either.
Back to top Go down
KiLLWaVez
1 Month Gold
1 Month Gold
KiLLWaVez

PostSubject: Re: what are some GOOD third person shooters?   what are some GOOD third person shooters? EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 12:42 am

AO2:40th came today... its okay I dont think the AI is as bad as people make out... the cover system doesnt always work right.. story is abit meh and seems like the developers just wanted any story that could go along with the constant gun fights... its abit repetative and Im not that far in... hopefully it improves. I also ordered kyne and lynch 2 dog days of amazon for like £3.06 and thats with postage and packaging. Im on a hunt to play every TPS.. Smile
Back to top Go down
Publik NME no1
Illusive Mod
Illusive Mod
Publik NME no1

PostSubject: Re: what are some GOOD third person shooters?   what are some GOOD third person shooters? EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 12:56 am

I didn't actually mind Kane & Lynch 2 even though it was horrible....Does that make sense?

The bullet spray was hilarious, you'd hit everything that wasn't in your reticle. LOL

I had a bit of fun on it.
Back to top Go down
BigStu4q
Promoter
Promoter
BigStu4q

Gamertag : BigStu4q
Forum Achievements : 3
Cash : 241

PostSubject: Re: what are some GOOD third person shooters?   what are some GOOD third person shooters? EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 3:05 am

BadOmenYourWay wrote:
Azrahgade wrote:
Never understood how they would find new technology if humanity is in the fight of there life.

The Retro Lancer was not new tech, It was Pre-Emergence day tech from the Pendulum Wars, then the Lancer was upgraded, then the Chainsaw came when Adam Fenix saw Mihn*i think it was Mihn* use a chainsaw to kill a locust. The high damage and lower clip of the Retro is due to the fact *at least this is my opinion* that it may have higher caliber rounds then what they use in the new Lancer.

most technological advances come from warfare
Back to top Go down
BadOmenYourWay
Promoter
Promoter
BadOmenYourWay

PostSubject: Re: what are some GOOD third person shooters?   what are some GOOD third person shooters? EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 3:21 am

BigStu4q wrote:
BadOmenYourWay wrote:
Azrahgade wrote:

most technological advances come from warfare

What does that have to do with what i said? Not trying to sound like a dick or anything just wondering.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what are some GOOD third person shooters?   what are some GOOD third person shooters? Empty

Back to top Go down

what are some GOOD third person shooters?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next