XBox Games Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the XBox games forum - A new and growing XBOX 360 gaming forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Im at the point where I dont want to play xbox anymore...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
KiLLWaVez
1 Month Gold
1 Month Gold
KiLLWaVez

Forum Achievements : 0
Trade Rep : 0
Cash : 312
Times Thanked : 0

Im at the point where I dont want to play xbox anymore... Empty
PostSubject: Im at the point where I dont want to play xbox anymore...   Im at the point where I dont want to play xbox anymore... EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 7:39 pm

I think Im at that stage everyone eventually gets too... I got a lil depressed last week as I havent bee able to find a job and it seemed like my life was going nowhere... for the last few months all I've done is sit on the XB chasing achievements as if they were going to improve my life... well Im really attempting to sort my life out and havent even touched the xbox which is strange as that thing was like a son to me lol. So you may not see me online as much anymore Very Happy Im just glad Im cured of the gaming addiction disease that has not improved my life at all.
Back to top Go down
https://www.playfire.com/KiLLa4DeScriLLa/updates/1360310
BigStu4q
Promoter
Promoter
BigStu4q

Gamertag : BigStu4q
Forum Achievements : 3
Cash : 241

PostSubject: Re: Im at the point where I dont want to play xbox anymore...   Im at the point where I dont want to play xbox anymore... EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 8:41 pm

fair enough bud, good luck with all your future endevours.

strangly tho, been achievement hunting all week. mainly because i loke to complete things though
Back to top Go down
Publik NME no1
Illusive Mod
Illusive Mod
Publik NME no1

Gamertag : Publik NME no1
Forum Achievements : 15
Trade Rep : 4
Cash : 1568
Times Thanked : 10

PostSubject: Re: Im at the point where I dont want to play xbox anymore...   Im at the point where I dont want to play xbox anymore... EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 11:58 pm

It's because you're playing games like Terminator: Salvation. LOL Wink
Back to top Go down
DaddyDaveedo
Vault Hunter
Vault Hunter
DaddyDaveedo

Gamertag : DaddyDaveedo
Cash : 2413
Times Thanked : 11

PostSubject: Re: Im at the point where I dont want to play xbox anymore...   Im at the point where I dont want to play xbox anymore... EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 1:31 am

I recently went though a similar stage in my life where xbox wasn't important to me, nor did I care to play it and found any talk about it boring then i got mass effect 3, lol, all you need is a game that you like or are looking forward too and you'll be back, lol

I used to be hooked on gaming, now its just something i do when I'm bored and have notbing else to do, so my "addiction" to gaming isn't there but i still enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.xbox360gamesforum.com
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Gamertag : UK Ninja
Forum Achievements : 6
Trade Rep : 7
Cash : 1004
Times Thanked : 12

PostSubject: Re: Im at the point where I dont want to play xbox anymore...   Im at the point where I dont want to play xbox anymore... EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 4:14 am

Nah he'll be back as soon as GTA 5 comes out he'll re-unite with his son.

Sounds like you just need a job Killa and everything else around you will seem bright again Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Phenom 247
Phenom 247

Gamertag : Phenom 247
Forum Achievements : 7
Cash : 651

PostSubject: Re: Im at the point where I dont want to play xbox anymore...   Im at the point where I dont want to play xbox anymore... EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 5:02 am

That's rough, man. I, too, have been away from the Xbox a lot lately; but that is largely due to being so busy with other personal stuff. I love gaming, but I do feel that some balance needs to be maintained in order to have a productive life....but that's just my two cents...lol....best of luck to you on the job search! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Publik NME no1
Illusive Mod
Illusive Mod
Publik NME no1

PostSubject: Re: Im at the point where I dont want to play xbox anymore...   Im at the point where I dont want to play xbox anymore... EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 5:23 am

It does take the right game to get hooked. Gears 3 was amazing fun and kept me going for longer than any game I can remember. I think I only took one break for Assassins Creed Revelations. But Gears is over now and I'm working my way through the Mass Effect Trilogy.

I only play an hour or two a night...and not every night. I think of it as my hobby.
Back to top Go down
BadOmenYourWay
Promoter
Promoter
BadOmenYourWay

Gamertag : BadOmenYourWay
Forum Achievements : 5
Cash : 684
Times Thanked : 1

PostSubject: Re: Im at the point where I dont want to play xbox anymore...   Im at the point where I dont want to play xbox anymore... EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 5:42 am

Im at the point aswell right about now. As soon as i get a game that does not bore me to death i'll probably get back on more often, as of right now im only ever get on to talk friends and play with my brother...
Back to top Go down
http://tsod.freeclanforum.com/
KiLLWaVez
1 Month Gold
1 Month Gold
KiLLWaVez

Cash : 312

PostSubject: Re: Im at the point where I dont want to play xbox anymore...   Im at the point where I dont want to play xbox anymore... EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 6:44 am

Thing is though I dont want to buy a game and get hooked to it... I guess some of you are in school so dont have much to worry about but I know some of us here have kids and have to try to do be more productive for their benefit.
Back to top Go down
https://www.playfire.com/KiLLa4DeScriLLa/updates/1360310
Phenom 247
Phenom 247

PostSubject: Re: Im at the point where I dont want to play xbox anymore...   Im at the point where I dont want to play xbox anymore... EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 7:09 am

KiLLa4DeScriLLa wrote:
Thing is though I dont want to buy a game and get hooked to it... I guess some of you are in school so dont have much to worry about but I know some of us here have kids and have to try to do be more productive for their benefit.

Exactly....that's why you gotta be diligent in your efforts to balance gaming with your "regular" life....it's tough, often not as much fun, but completely necessary....chin up, sir, you're not the only one..... Wink
Back to top Go down
Publik NME no1
Illusive Mod
Illusive Mod
Publik NME no1

PostSubject: Re: Im at the point where I dont want to play xbox anymore...   Im at the point where I dont want to play xbox anymore... EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 7:07 pm

I'm Married with 2 kids and work full time and I've still got time for a social life and games.

Just do what makes you happy, if games aren't doing it for you anymore there's plenty of other stuff to do. Very Happy

Last edited by Publik NME no1 on Thu May 31, 2012 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BizarroMantis
BizarroMantis

Gamertag : BizarroMantis
Cash : 9

PostSubject: Re: Im at the point where I dont want to play xbox anymore...   Im at the point where I dont want to play xbox anymore... EmptyTue May 29, 2012 9:21 am

I know a lot of people that have wasted huge chunks of their lives playing video games. I've known one guy for a year now and I know he's playing about 14 -16 hours a day and has consistently done so for the entire year I've known him. I know it can be an addiction like anything else and that when things are messed up in your real life, it can be very nice to just enter into some fantasy world and leave all your problems behind. I've been there....but for me, I can only really sit still for a maximum of 2-3 hours at a time before I can't sit still any longer and I know I'm done for the night.

If you are addicted, quitting cold turkey won't be easy at all. I think it's better to just taper down your time to where it isn't interfering with your life so much. If you get a lot accomplished every day, you won't feel guilty that you are spending some time with it as a kind of reward.
Back to top Go down
KYRAT89
Graphics
Graphics
KYRAT89

Gamertag : KYRAT89
Forum Achievements : 1
Cash : 376
Times Thanked : 3

PostSubject: Re: Im at the point where I dont want to play xbox anymore...   Im at the point where I dont want to play xbox anymore... EmptyTue May 29, 2012 9:31 am

sorry to spoil the party, but wot the hell u guys yaping about xbox 4 life bitchs
Back to top Go down
Lord Deathforge
Grenadier
Grenadier
Lord Deathforge

Gamertag : Lord Deathforge
Cash : 178
Times Thanked : 1

PostSubject: Re: Im at the point where I dont want to play xbox anymore...   Im at the point where I dont want to play xbox anymore... EmptyThu May 31, 2012 10:53 pm

well i kinda get bored on xbox too, thats why i wanna buy my own pc, then skyrim, maybe even get special edition of Baldurs Gate, if i finda one...
Back to top Go down
Publik NME no1
Illusive Mod
Illusive Mod
Publik NME no1

PostSubject: Re: Im at the point where I dont want to play xbox anymore...   Im at the point where I dont want to play xbox anymore... EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 2:04 am

KYRAT89 wrote:
sorry to spoil the party, but wot the hell u guys yaping about xbox 4 life bitchs
Well said. Laughing
Back to top Go down
BikiniCladKilla
48 Hour Trial
48 Hour Trial
BikiniCladKilla

Cash : 23

PostSubject: Re: Im at the point where I dont want to play xbox anymore...   Im at the point where I dont want to play xbox anymore... EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 8:08 am

KiLLWaVez wrote:

I'm married, have a child, a house, and my own business, I have plenty of things to worry about and do for my child's benefit. Its not about that its about finding a balance. My husband and I enjoy playing together so after my daughter goes to bed we spend quality time gaming. You don't have to sacrifice a hobby to have a productive successful life. Like I said its all about balance. Its the people who cant work the balance and put real priorities first that run into problems. If your one of those people then good for you realizing it. Honestly, not many people can do that and its commendable when people can.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/BikiniCladKilla
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Gamertag : UK Ninja
Forum Achievements : 6
Trade Rep : 7
Cash : 1004
Times Thanked : 12

PostSubject: Re: Im at the point where I dont want to play xbox anymore...   Im at the point where I dont want to play xbox anymore... EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 8:55 am

Well said (applause smiley should go here lol)

It is all about balance, time is tight but it sure does help having a partner who likes to game!
Back to top Go down
Phenom 247
Phenom 247

PostSubject: Re: Im at the point where I dont want to play xbox anymore...   Im at the point where I dont want to play xbox anymore... EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 9:36 am

While I do appreciate all the insightful responses, we do realize that we're answering a post from a guy who's not only no longer here, but no longer welcome, right? Laughing
Back to top Go down
DaddyDaveedo
Vault Hunter
Vault Hunter
DaddyDaveedo

Gamertag : DaddyDaveedo
Cash : 2413

PostSubject: Re: Im at the point where I dont want to play xbox anymore...   Im at the point where I dont want to play xbox anymore... EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 9:39 am

Yeah thats true mate, Any chance a mod can just move this topic to the rubbish bin or atleast lock it save people wasting their time answering a question from this loser! lol
Back to top Go down
BikiniCladKilla
48 Hour Trial
48 Hour Trial
BikiniCladKilla

Cash : 23

PostSubject: Re: Im at the point where I dont want to play xbox anymore...   Im at the point where I dont want to play xbox anymore... EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 10:29 am

Well no i did not realize that lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/BikiniCladKilla
Publik NME no1
Illusive Mod
Illusive Mod
Publik NME no1

PostSubject: Re: Im at the point where I dont want to play xbox anymore...   Im at the point where I dont want to play xbox anymore... EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 7:03 pm

Locked by request.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Im at the point where I dont want to play xbox anymore...   Im at the point where I dont want to play xbox anymore... Empty

Back to top Go down

Im at the point where I dont want to play xbox anymore...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1