XBox Games Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the XBox games forum - A new and growing XBOX 360 gaming forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Players will choose between right and wrong in Splinter Cell: Blacklist

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DaddyDaveedo
Vault Hunter
Vault Hunter
DaddyDaveedo

Gamertag : DaddyDaveedo
Forum Achievements : 15
Trade Rep : 4
Cash : 2413
Times Thanked : 11

Players will choose between right and wrong in Splinter Cell: Blacklist Empty
PostSubject: Players will choose between right and wrong in Splinter Cell: Blacklist   Players will choose between right and wrong in Splinter Cell: Blacklist EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 9:12 am

Ubisoft creative director Maxime Beland has said the team behind Splinter Cell: Blacklist is pushing for moral ambiguity with the latest Sam Fisher game.

Players will choose between right and wrong in Splinter Cell: Blacklist Blacklistsplintercellnew

Speaking with Game Informer, Beland said the team wants to force players to choose between right and wrong.

“We love the idea of putting the player in those situations that [real soldiers] are going through,” Beland said. “It’s not a question sometimes of doing the right thing or the wrong thing. Sometimes it’s I need to do the wrong or the wrong-er. What do I do? There’s no good option.

“So for us, the interrogations are a bit of that. We want to put the player into situations that are like the one [we showed] at E3; the guy just told you everything you needed to know. You’re done. You’re good. You’re Sam Fischer. This guy is finished. Are you going to kill him?

“If we told you, if you’re the good guy, you’re gonna to get this, and if you’re the bad guy, you’re gonna get that, you’re not thinking ‘what am I doing here?’ In those moments, what I like is when you play them and you talk to your friend about it after, you say ‘I did this. What do you think?’ That’s the kind of discussion we want. And I think it’s cool to make people reflect on it and hopefully grow as humans a little bit. Because we’ve got some guys everywhere in the world that are making those decisions every day for us.”

Splinter Cell: Blacklist set for March 29, 2013 release, according to Amazon. Ubisoft has yet to confirm the the date, but previously said to expect it in the spring.

[via VG24/7]

Back to top Go down
http://www.xbox360gamesforum.com
Phenom 247
Phenom 247

Gamertag : Phenom 247
Forum Achievements : 7
Trade Rep : 0
Cash : 651
Times Thanked : 11

Players will choose between right and wrong in Splinter Cell: Blacklist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Players will choose between right and wrong in Splinter Cell: Blacklist   Players will choose between right and wrong in Splinter Cell: Blacklist EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 1:11 pm

Sounds cool. I'm all for more "realistic" elements tied to choices you have to make in a game....makes it more interesting to me.
Back to top Go down

Players will choose between right and wrong in Splinter Cell: Blacklist

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1