Welcome to the XBox games forum - A new and growing XBOX 360 gaming forum
 
HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Multiplayer Achievements

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Do you like Multiplayer Achievements
Yes
22%
 22% [ 2 ]
No
22%
 22% [ 2 ]
Depends on the game..(please specify)
56%
 56% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 9
 

AuthorMessage
DaddyDaveedo
Vault Hunter
Vault Hunter
avatar

Gamertag : DaddyDaveedo
Forum Achievements : 15
Trade Rep : 4
Posts : 1685
Cash : 2413
Times Thanked : 11
Join date : 2012-01-23
Age : 33
Location : Pandora

PostSubject: Multiplayer Achievements   Wed May 02, 2012 6:25 am

My massive pet hate about games is Multiplayer achievements, It's like game developers are punishing someone for not having internet, I myself don't have internet, I have a dongle which sometimes works on live and most of the time doesn't BUT I don't have any plans on paying for line rental on a house phone I won't use so I can get internet, So why should I be "punished" and not able to 100% complete a game because of this?!

Now Mass Effect 3 have done an amazing idea which is they say either complete X amount of side missions or X amount of multiplayer to earn the achievement giving someone a choice, BUT then they stick this one in which is saying you need to play online then single player just to earn it!

Master and Commander 50

Deliver most of the Galaxy at War assets to the final conflict.


Now I LOVE Mass Effect 3 and I love their achievements but I'm now wondering if from being able to 100% this game I'm now going to be stuck with this one achievement not unlocked because I don't have internet!

Anyway Rant over but what do you guys thing to multiplayer achievements?

Should they be included in games?!

_________________



Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.xbox360gamesforum.com
Phenom 247
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Gamertag : Phenom 247
Forum Achievements : 7
Trade Rep : 0
Posts : 603
Cash : 651
Times Thanked : 11
Join date : 2012-03-23
Age : 36
Location : Wichita, KS, USA

PostSubject: Re: Multiplayer Achievements   Wed May 02, 2012 8:02 am

I'm not a big fan of multiplayer achievements myself, however, I do like being rewarded for playing multiplayer (if that makes sense).....For instance, when I first got GOW 1, I NEVER played online, and therefore did not (and most likely will never) get those online/multiplayer achievments. On the flip side, with GOW 2 & 3, I not only try but thoroughly enjoy playing onlline and have several achievements that go along with doing so. I agree with Dave in the fact that is sux that some games "force" you to play online if you want to get all the achievements. The idea of being able to earn those achievements another way is interesting, but I don't think that developers would be willing to put in the extra work to make it that way.....

_________________

Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaddyDaveedo
Vault Hunter
Vault Hunter
avatar

Gamertag : DaddyDaveedo
Forum Achievements : 15
Trade Rep : 4
Posts : 1685
Cash : 2413
Times Thanked : 11
Join date : 2012-01-23
Age : 33
Location : Pandora

PostSubject: Re: Multiplayer Achievements   Wed May 02, 2012 8:42 am

griz696 wrote:
I'm not a big fan of multiplayer achievements myself, however, I do like being rewarded for playing multiplayer (if that makes sense).....For instance, when I first got GOW 1, I NEVER played online, and therefore did not (and most likely will never) get those online/multiplayer achievments. On the flip side, with GOW 2 & 3, I not only try but thoroughly enjoy playing onlline and have several achievements that go along with doing so. I agree with Dave in the fact that is sux that some games "force" you to play online if you want to get all the achievements. The idea of being able to earn those achievements another way is interesting, but I don't think that developers would be willing to put in the extra work to make it that way.....

they wouldn't do it because it would mean that people wouldn't play their multiplayer. What annoys me more is when you get an old game and noones playing multiplayer anymore OR play a certain day to earn it.

_________________



Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.xbox360gamesforum.com
Publik NME no1
Illusive Mod
Illusive Mod
avatar

Gamertag : Publik NME no1
Forum Achievements : 15
Trade Rep : 4
Posts : 1297
Cash : 1568
Times Thanked : 10
Join date : 2011-12-04
Age : 38
Location : Badlands

PostSubject: Re: Multiplayer Achievements   Wed May 02, 2012 7:17 pm

I agree with your point about the old games. However I do like online achievements it encourages you to work with others.

Also if you have access to and iPhone you can boost your Galactic Readiness, on Mass effect 3.
The achievement you mentioned is actually possible without playing online. However there is an achievement for having 100% readiness in all areas of the Galaxy map which you would really need to play online or use an iPhone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaddyDaveedo
Vault Hunter
Vault Hunter
avatar

Gamertag : DaddyDaveedo
Forum Achievements : 15
Trade Rep : 4
Posts : 1685
Cash : 2413
Times Thanked : 11
Join date : 2012-01-23
Age : 33
Location : Pandora

PostSubject: Re: Multiplayer Achievements   Wed May 02, 2012 7:40 pm

Bullshit does it call for people working together, it calls for people to boost them.

That was the achievement I ment to put, was rushing the post lastnight.

_________________



Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.xbox360gamesforum.com
Publik NME no1
Illusive Mod
Illusive Mod
avatar

Gamertag : Publik NME no1
Forum Achievements : 15
Trade Rep : 4
Posts : 1297
Cash : 1568
Times Thanked : 10
Join date : 2011-12-04
Age : 38
Location : Badlands

PostSubject: Re: Multiplayer Achievements   Wed May 02, 2012 8:54 pm

Not all the time. A lot of multiplayer achievements aren't boostable. I leave a lot of multiplayer achievements but I think that they have a rightful place in achievement lists.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lord Deathforge
Grenadier
Grenadier
avatar

Gamertag : Lord Deathforge
Forum Achievements : 0
Trade Rep : 0
Posts : 158
Cash : 178
Times Thanked : 1
Join date : 2011-12-06
Age : 21
Location : London

PostSubject: Re: Multiplayer Achievements   Wed May 02, 2012 11:33 pm

i completely dont like them, the achievements should only be for single as it is possible for all players to get 'em

_________________
The Dark Legion is recruting, join the ranks of the Shadow God's legion!!
To join the ranks of the shadowed ones private message me either here or on the XBL.

Current spaces:
Admins; Full
Officers; 5
Privates ; many left
If you want more info about the Legion PM me.

Death to the False Emperor!!!!!!

Main HQ:
http://thedarklegion.guild.shivtr.com/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaddyDaveedo
Vault Hunter
Vault Hunter
avatar

Gamertag : DaddyDaveedo
Forum Achievements : 15
Trade Rep : 4
Posts : 1685
Cash : 2413
Times Thanked : 11
Join date : 2012-01-23
Age : 33
Location : Pandora

PostSubject: Re: Multiplayer Achievements   Wed May 02, 2012 11:45 pm

Publik NME no1 wrote:
Not all the time. A lot of multiplayer achievements aren't boostable. I leave a lot of multiplayer achievements but I think that they have a rightful place in achievement lists.

That is a load of crap, online multiplayer achievement just equal either boosters OR more annoying is when people play online just to try and get those achievements leaving the rest of his team to try and win the round/match/whatever the objective is. meaning it weakens the team. If people don't have distractions like achievements then the multiplayer works alot better, take Call Of Duty for example MASSIVE multiplayer = No online achievements. as there is no need for them!

Online achievements do nothing but distract players and forces them to pay for internet and to try and do certain things online making them useless to the rest of the team.

I don't mind online achievements for say Co-op or something like that but all achievements should be unlockable in single player as well ( Like Mass Effect 3 has done)

That way people with no internet don't need to worry that they won't get 100% achievements.

The only reason you feel that multiplayer achievement have a rightful place is because you're just starting to play more multiplayer game so you want the chance to unlock achievements while playing online, If you didn't have internet or you hadn't discovered multiplayer I think you wouldn't be so quick to jump in and say they are needed.

_________________



Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.xbox360gamesforum.com
DaddyDaveedo
Vault Hunter
Vault Hunter
avatar

Gamertag : DaddyDaveedo
Forum Achievements : 15
Trade Rep : 4
Posts : 1685
Cash : 2413
Times Thanked : 11
Join date : 2012-01-23
Age : 33
Location : Pandora

PostSubject: Re: Multiplayer Achievements   Wed May 02, 2012 11:45 pm

Lord Deathforge wrote:
i completely dont like them, the achievements should only be for single as it is possible for all players to get 'em


Dead right dude

_________________



Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.xbox360gamesforum.com
Vambo
48 Hour Trial
48 Hour Trial
avatar

Gamertag : Vambo Ossy
Forum Achievements : 0
Trade Rep : 0
Posts : 12
Cash : 14
Times Thanked : 0
Join date : 2012-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Multiplayer Achievements   Wed May 30, 2012 4:51 am

It doesn't really bother me if achievements are online or not to be honest.

I do however hate those boosters who ruin multiplayer in their quest to whore their gamerscore. For example they killed 'Capture The Relay' in Crysis 2 because of their boosting.

I do like co-op achievements though.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigStu4q
Promoter
Promoter
avatar

Gamertag : BigStu4q
Forum Achievements : 3
Trade Rep : 0
Posts : 212
Cash : 241
Times Thanked : 0
Join date : 2012-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Multiplayer Achievements   Wed May 30, 2012 6:59 pm

multiplayer achievements are ok sometimes, it all depends on the achievement. game devopers have every right to put online achievements into games as its a huge part of the gaming experience. when i first got my xbox i used to live on COD 4, must have logged thousands of hours playing that game and although i loved playing it and had loads of fun (until the modders came in and ruined it) it would have been noce to get an achievement or 2 while i was playing, even if it was just a 'kill xx enemies' achievement

_________________



Seriously 3.0 progress - 54/65 Onyx medals
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Gamertag : UK Ninja
Forum Achievements : 6
Trade Rep : 7
Posts : 737
Cash : 1004
Times Thanked : 12
Join date : 2011-11-29
Age : 39
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: Multiplayer Achievements   Thu May 31, 2012 5:44 am

If I didn't have XBL gold then I would of chose no because I can imagine for those who don't have gold and like a game so much that they want all the achievements they could never get them.

But saying that I have gold and always have and enjoy the multiplayer side of most games in fact all the games I play are multiplayer so for me I should vote yes.

But I voted for 'depends on the game' because on some older games that I like to go back to and play once in a while to mop up achievements you can never find anyone online to play it with there are some games now with ghost town lobbies so some achievements are almost out of reach.


Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.xbox360gamesforum.com
VrAzZLe Meister
48 Hour Trial
48 Hour Trial
avatar

Gamertag : VrAzZLe Meister
Forum Achievements : 1
Trade Rep : 0
Posts : 53
Cash : 57
Times Thanked : 0
Join date : 2012-03-21
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: Multiplayer Achievements   Thu May 31, 2012 10:12 am

For me it depends on what game and what mood I'm in. For example: when Reach came out, I was interested in getting all the achievements. Took awhile but I completed it %100.

Then when I was done with Reach, the DLC comes out. With new achievements everybody could unlock. I thought to myself "c'mon... I gotta play online again to %100 this shit?".

Recently with BF3, I find it infuriating trying to get all the multiplayer ribbons. I cannot stress how bloody hard it is to get 5 air vehicle kills when everyone is shooting me down. And every other aircraft is spamming their flares. An addition, people always hog the helicopters, and when I do manage to shoot down an enemy; I get a freaking assist.

Then there's the "STRENGTH IN NUMBERS" achievement in L4D2. You literally have to play an entire game and win without anyone quitting. Plus other redonkulous achievements like: execute Kim 10 times as Raam, kill 10 players as the leader in a single Guardian match, etc.

TL;DR
I guess I'm rarely in favour of multiplayer achievements. : /

_________________


Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigStu4q
Promoter
Promoter
avatar

Gamertag : BigStu4q
Forum Achievements : 3
Trade Rep : 0
Posts : 212
Cash : 241
Times Thanked : 0
Join date : 2012-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Multiplayer Achievements   Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:21 am

VrAzZLe Meister wrote:
other redonkulous achievements like: execute Kim 10 times as Raam, kill 10 players as the leader in a single Guardian match, etc.

excecute kim i image would have been annoying for most people, i managed to get it fairly easily with the help of one of my gears teams.

the kill 10 players as the leader acievement i have no idea why so many people moan about this, i got it while playing with only one person in my party a day after release

_________________



Seriously 3.0 progress - 54/65 Onyx medals
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VrAzZLe Meister
48 Hour Trial
48 Hour Trial
avatar

Gamertag : VrAzZLe Meister
Forum Achievements : 1
Trade Rep : 0
Posts : 53
Cash : 57
Times Thanked : 0
Join date : 2012-03-21
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: Multiplayer Achievements   Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:03 am

BigStu4q wrote:
VrAzZLe Meister wrote:
other redonkulous achievements like: execute Kim 10 times as Raam, kill 10 players as the leader in a single Guardian match, etc.

excecute kim i image would have been annoying for most people, i managed to get it fairly easily with the help of one of my gears teams.

the kill 10 players as the leader acievement i have no idea why so many people moan about this, i got it while playing with only one person in my party a day after release
Well the "Foreshadowing" achievement leaves a really small window to even attempt at getting. So small, most people I know who has it, boosted it. In my opinion, that's a fail achievement.

As for "I've Got This", not everybody plays with others that actually listen. I admit the achievement was easy when I had a team to assist me. But the regular crowd you find in matchmaking steal your kills, run off to kill the enemy leader, and never protect you. Even with a team of bots, the enemy leader dies far too quickly.

This is why I believe they are bad achievements, strictly due to the multiplayer nature of things.

_________________


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Multiplayer Achievements   

Back to top Go down
 

Multiplayer Achievements

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

 Similar topics

-
» lila (Multiplayer online chess)
» Guide: Mystery Manor Achievements: Requirements and Rewards
» Victoria Justice on the Chloe Show
» PayDay 2 FREE (working multiplayer)
» Clash of Clans - iOS/Android Strategy Multiplayer

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
XBox Games Forums :: XBox Games Forum - Main forums :: XBOX 360 Achievements-