XBox Games Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the XBox games forum - A new and growing XBOX 360 gaming forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Favourite Xbox Game and why review!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DaddyDaveedo
Vault Hunter
Vault Hunter
DaddyDaveedo

Gamertag : DaddyDaveedo
Forum Achievements : 15
Trade Rep : 4
Cash : 2413
Times Thanked : 11

Favourite Xbox Game and why review! Empty
PostSubject: Favourite Xbox Game and why review!   Favourite Xbox Game and why review! EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 2:05 am

Ok people, I'm looking for more then just a single line here, I want to know what your favourite game for the 360 is and why you think that is, what you liked about, what you didnt, what you would change and what your favourite and hardest achievements where, stuff like that. Smile

Think of it as a "mini" competition as the best entry I'll give a 2 day xbox live gold pass too, but this is just for fun. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.xbox360gamesforum.com
DaddyDaveedo
Vault Hunter
Vault Hunter
DaddyDaveedo

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Xbox Game and why review!   Favourite Xbox Game and why review! EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 10:11 am

GUESS I'LL START THIS OFF!! LOL

My Favourite Game on the Xbox360: Red Dead Redemption

Before I start I’m sorry if this review/my love fest for this game is all over the place, I’m trying to get it organised but as I type things will prop come back to me and I’ll just add it. Lol so bare with me.

I loved playing this game, It had an amazing story line, amazing graphics, soundtrack, and to me just all round perfect, I don’t think I could change it at all, to me it was perfect.
I spent hours on this game just doing the hunting, even tho I didn’t need too.
The achievements where brilliant, My favourite was the 100% complete just because I enjoyed playing the game so much it wasn’t a hardship to achieve, I even managed to do it twice once on my main profile, and one on a 2nd profile I made when I was trying to get a gamerscore of just the games I play (sad I know but hey ho, lol)

The story missions where just great, they seemed to just fit so well with the game, I’ve played lots of games and sometime it seems that missions where added as a filler, but my only complaint is there just wasn’t enough missions, lol. I could just spend hours playing this game.

The mini games where brilliant, be able to play liars dice and poker. Brilliant.

The multiplayer is just another world, I loved the idea of be able to just run around the whole of the red dead world on my horse and kill anyone who was around me, I don’t think I ever managed to play many proper game modes as I just loved riding around with Publik and my bro Ubee snackz killing people who where in the free roam world aswell. Just an amazing idea, rockstar to me nailed multiplayer and how multiplayer should be played right there, no multiplayer experience has ever managed to match up to how it felt to play online with Publik, It was that good I remember once when there was a 4X EP weekend on me and Publik did the same hide out time and time again just to level up and it never got boring, I’ve never played a game where boosting has been so much fun.

The DLC again was brilliant, The Zombie download DLC was in my eyes the best ever DLC I’ve ever played, I’m by no means a fan of zombies but I loved playing this DLC and have yet to still complete it, if it wasn’t for my damn internet (I love this game s much I bought it on xbox games on demand so I would always have it, lol, only problem is without internet I can’t play my games on demand, how stupid is that!!!)

Anyway back on to the DLC, Just amazing, it felt like a whole new game (which I s’pose it was) Running around with limited ammo and I would be killing a zombie to turn around and have a zombie on my arse, It freaked me out (another reason I haven’t managed to complete it yet, lol) I’ve not had that sort of feeling with games before in my life, normally I get sort of freaked out but I can still play them, with this DLC I actually had to make sure my lights where on and (I’m ashamed to say it) at one point had to ask Nikki (my Girlfriend) to stay awake with me, lol, I know call me a whimp all you like but that’s how much I got in to this game.

The main character “John Marston” talk about just getting involved in the main character, I loved this guy, he was amazing. He made the game for me, SPOLIER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When he died I actually felt sad about it, my brother felt the same and I even remember talking to Publik and him agree with me, It was so sad and I actually on my 2nd play though remember getting to the point I knew John would die and not doing that last mission untill I had everything and I mean EVERYTHING complete so that all I needed to do was the last few story mission’s with John and his son, JUST so I could play as John for as long as possible. Lol. Never have I felt so sad about a main character dying before ever when I’ve played a game. Altho I couldn’t believe he didn’t get with that bird from the ranch, married or not. Lol

The travelling around the world was great aswell, riding a horse everywhere did not get old at all, Normally I fast travel everywhere when it comes to open world sandbox games but for this I was just happy to ride everywhere so I knew I wouldn’t miss a thing like a man getting eaten by a pack of woolves or a women pretending her carraige had been robbed only to go over to help her to find it was a trap and you where set on by 5 of her goons, lol. Happy memories.

The hunting was anoter thing that made this game amazing for me, Just going around shooting birds, wolves, armadillos and BEAR, those freaking BEARS, they freaked me out to be hunting for a bear and turn around and see one right next to you, oh my god did I poo my pants. Was just such a good little side thing for the game, when you didn’t wanna do a mission you could go hunting for bears or buffalo’s.

So in short for me this is my favourite Xbox 360 game so far, I have loads of favourite games like GTA IV, Mass Effect 2, L.A. Noire, Call Of Duty, Saints Row’s, Assassin’s Creed series, Fble 2 and 3 and even tho I’ve enjoyed all those game and many many more this game always brings happy memorie and I just hope they do another game of Red Dead, Just be amazing.

So that’s why Red Dead Redemption is my all time Favourite game, I’m sorry if this hasn’t made much sense as when I started typing this out I just started remembering different details about the game and saying that I now wanna go and play it so I’m off to see if my internet works, If not I’ll be asking my good friend Publik if he has it for me to lend so I can play it Smile
Back to top Go down
BigStu4q
Promoter
Promoter
BigStu4q

Gamertag : BigStu4q
Forum Achievements : 3
Trade Rep : 0
Cash : 241
Times Thanked : 0

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Xbox Game and why review!   Favourite Xbox Game and why review! EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 4:38 am

I wouldn’t say this is my favourite game but its definatly up near the top:
my game to review is Batman: Arkham Asylum Smile

even though the first playable scene could have been considered annoying with you only being able to walk behind the arkham guards while they take joker into the prison building. I thought it was a great opportunity to check out the amazing graphics of the game, and listening to the joker (voiced by none other then mark hamil, aka luke skywalker) babbling away in a crazed manner was highly amusing to me, this scene also set some points for the storyline, such as seeing the blackgate prisoners and croc threatening batman. pirat
after the jokers escape and we have our introduction/ tutorial fight scene I was stuck in right there, the movement mechanics of batman were sheer brilliance, the ablity to chain together huge combo’s even without the combat upgrades (which I’ll talk about later) was just perfect to set the rythem of the game to come. Basketball
getting trapped in the first room until you have solved the first riddle you were posed may have been infuriating to some people but I loved the fact that the game took control away from you, even for a brief time, made it so you couldn’t continue until you have solved this puzzle. the riddles hidden throughout the game were extremely cleverly thought out, the question marks you had to line up were well hidden throughout the decent sized map we had to play with. the riddlers challenges that were pretty much mini-games in their own right were so much fun, the combat challenges were evenly balanced through the levels up to the ‘extreme’ challenges. the predator challenges actually made you think tactically about how to pull off certain manoevers in order to get all the batarangs to complete the challenges. Cool
listening to the chronicles of arkham gave you a great back story of the history surrounding Arkham Asylum prison facility, and the last one you needed to scan was written in the secutity room after you have cleared the prison of escapees, who wrote it? there are many theories surrounding this question. rabbit
the interview tapes of the various super-villans build excellent character bio’s on various sources from the batman mythology (comics, cartoons etc) showed just how disturbed and demented some of these villans are. Twisted Evil
the arkham city easter egg is brilliantly hidden, the people I have spoken to all said its only really anal gamers who have spotted it. the type of gamers who examine every inch of a room for collectables etc. Evil or Very Mad
the scarecrow fight scenes and the prelude cutscenes, were gripping. the mortuary scene where all the morgue draw doors were slamming closed was chilling, then seeing the waynes in the body bags was enough to instill fear into a few people I know who played the game, and the later fight where the game has a sort of flip out and does the beginning cut scene where the joker has captured batman and shoots you in the head. and the final scarecrow scene where you turn into bruce wayne as a chile crying over the dead bodies of his parents and when you get to fight scarecrow there are several other batmans all acting crazy, the scene was beautiful. sunny
the combat and gadget upgrades worked perfectly to set the pace of the game, unlocking certain area’s could only happen at certain points after you’d done the pre-lude fights and challenges. bounce
having the map change mod-way in the game gave a new element to batmans prowess at sneaking around. after ivy’s plants began to grow on the titan compound they took over the island. passageways became blocked and you needed to explore more in order to find different ways into the buildings and area’s that had been blocked off. Suspect
each of the bosses that you fought in this game were well planned, showing each of their unique powers and the way they use them. poisen ivy’s pheromones for example, the way she could make men fall in love with her and do whatever she asks. getting batman to fight actual arkham guards was a stroke of genius as anyone how is famililar with comic book batman (its touched upon in arkham city if I remember correctly) knows that he does not kill, not even his enemies so fighting ordinary civilians under mind control is likely to make him adgitated. possible that ivy is trying to force him into losing his cool, thus making him more likely to make a mistake. Rolling Eyes
the end fight against the titan infected joker is above average, not the most difficult boss fight in the game which was a little disappointing, some tactics came into play as so many different enemies were sent after you in waves, as well as having to avoid the joker when he would jump down from his perch. after 3 or 4 times of pulling the joker down so he gets stuck and then using the same 3 punch combo to drain his life you win. in my opinion they could have done more with this fight, more 1 on 1 with the joker. he was huge after injecting himself with titan, but we had been facing the jokers titan henchmen since just before the moddle if the story, so we were well aversed on their skill and weakness’. and they could have thrown in a few new moves just that the joker would have had, but unfortunately they didn’t. Sad
also the ending cutscene, although looked stunning graphics wise, it was basically just ‘everything went back to how it was before’ they could have put some footage in there for us, maybe some chat with commissioner gordan for example. Crying or Very sad
but despite the ending, the game was a phenomenal success in my opinion, which is why I am writing about it. scratch
my only hope upon finishing this game was the the sequal was going to be exactly the same, but with a bigger map, happy to see I was right.
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BigStu4q
Promoter
Promoter
BigStu4q

Gamertag : BigStu4q
Forum Achievements : 3
Cash : 241

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Xbox Game and why review!   Favourite Xbox Game and why review! EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 6:54 pm

just read through the ^^

apologies for the bad spelling
Back to top Go down
DaddyDaveedo
Vault Hunter
Vault Hunter
DaddyDaveedo

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Xbox Game and why review!   Favourite Xbox Game and why review! EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 9:34 pm

BigStu4q wrote:
just read through the ^^

apologies for the bad spelling

Don't worry about it, Mine is prob alot worse, lol
Back to top Go down
royaaa

Forum Achievements : 0
Cash : 4

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Xbox Game and why review!   Favourite Xbox Game and why review! EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 7:58 pm

Please no advertising without permission. - Publik
Back to top Go down
Lord Deathforge
Grenadier
Grenadier
Lord Deathforge

Gamertag : Lord Deathforge
Cash : 178
Times Thanked : 1

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Xbox Game and why review!   Favourite Xbox Game and why review! EmptyTue May 01, 2012 11:40 pm

i actually have two fav games, one RPG and one OBVIOUS

The RPG obviously is SKYRIM; i have played the ES since i was 11, i started from oblivion, i have completed it fully 23 times, after skyrim came out, i was just dazed by its beatiful graphics, the easter eggs, and the way argonians are now designed, even i can tell u that my fav armor is ebony, currently waiting to buy my own pc and get pc version of skyrim for its extra-ordinary mods.

In my opinion is A FULL 10, i have great expectances of the mods which will come out for skyrim, as i am awaiting the mod for the saurons tower remake for skyrim.

Now the OBVIOUS game is GEARS OF WAR 3.

this game i played since i wasd 10, and first came to england, and this game was the first that i played on xbox, then i tested oblivion a year later when my mem runned out.
I started as grenadier, with lancer, i once nearly becomed num 300 in the ranks but well it ended.
Going forward in time, i was getting bored on my acc, and my xbox broke, losing my acc, i havent even remembered the email i used for it so i made a new one, too bad that my old account had seriously 1 and 20k+ gamescore, when i got a new account, i started playing the second part, in which my skillz dropped by 60% and i got really crap, so i finished playing just last year before XMAS and joined the gears of war 3 community, and the Gears of war 3 forum which was made by Ninja and other guys here(seriously i have no clue who), when i first played it i felt reborn(metaphorically), and i started slaughtering all COGs like in the old days, in my first TDM match 15:35 setting, i havent died even once(wow i thought), this game gave me hope in the shooting games once again, and i started playing grenadier again, over time playing as different guys to check 'em out and stuff, this game should be the NR1 GAME OF THE MILLENNIUM(WARNING: this is not a joke!!!).

Last edited by Lord Deathforge on Wed May 02, 2012 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : unfinished)
Back to top Go down
royaaa

Cash : 4

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Xbox Game and why review!   Favourite Xbox Game and why review! EmptyWed May 02, 2012 1:50 pm

No advertising without permission - Publik
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Xbox Game and why review!   Favourite Xbox Game and why review! Empty

Back to top Go down

Favourite Xbox Game and why review!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1