XBox Games Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the XBox games forum - A new and growing XBOX 360 gaming forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Please Help - Corrupted xbox 360 profile.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
beth8484
48 Hour Trial
48 Hour Trial

Forum Achievements : 0
Trade Rep : 0
Cash : 12
Times Thanked : 0

Please Help - Corrupted xbox 360 profile. Empty
PostSubject: Please Help - Corrupted xbox 360 profile.   Please Help - Corrupted xbox 360 profile. EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 7:46 am

Hi, I expect this topic has been covered before but can anyone out there help my son?? He has just turned his xbox 360 back on, after it glitched during a game & now his profile says corrupted Sad . The memory still shows the games & achievements but when he loads a game it is just as if it has never been played. He has never been online - so it is not a virus but this also means that nothing is saved online. Is there a way to put this right or has he lost everything? Have looked online but that seems to come down to buying dodgy fixes that are not even guaranteed!!!. Would be really grateful for any help - Thanks, Beth.
Back to top Go down
KiLLWaVez
1 Month Gold
1 Month Gold
KiLLWaVez

Cash : 312

PostSubject: Re: Please Help - Corrupted xbox 360 profile.   Please Help - Corrupted xbox 360 profile. EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 8:58 am

Im abit confused so what your saying his his game saves are fine but his online stats have reset.. is this on all his games or just one specifically? if its one specifically then theres nothing you can do if its all then thats very strange. If he got like a rank reset in a game like gears of war 3 I believe if you go to the offical epic forums you can ask a staff member to look into the matter for you.
Back to top Go down
https://www.playfire.com/KiLLa4DeScriLLa/updates/1360310
BadOmenYourWay
Promoter
Promoter
BadOmenYourWay

Gamertag : BadOmenYourWay
Forum Achievements : 5
Cash : 684
Times Thanked : 1

PostSubject: Re: Please Help - Corrupted xbox 360 profile.   Please Help - Corrupted xbox 360 profile. EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 9:02 am

You could always try deleting and re-downloading the profile if it is a Xbox Live profile. If it has never been online and is not registered on XBL then deleting it will completely remove it though.
Back to top Go down
http://tsod.freeclanforum.com/
Publik NME no1
Illusive Mod
Illusive Mod
Publik NME no1

Gamertag : Publik NME no1
Forum Achievements : 15
Trade Rep : 4
Cash : 1568
Times Thanked : 10

PostSubject: Re: Please Help - Corrupted xbox 360 profile.   Please Help - Corrupted xbox 360 profile. EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 10:50 am

yeah I would try Omens method of deleting your profile and then recovering it. I'heard that this works.....Oh and welcome to the forum. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
beth8484
48 Hour Trial
48 Hour Trial

PostSubject: Re: Please Help - Corrupted xbox 360 profile.   Please Help - Corrupted xbox 360 profile. EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 11:11 pm

Hi, thanks for the replies.

SWaG-WaVe - yes it is everything he has ever played. All that comes up in his area is 'Profile Corrupted' and it won't let him load anything but when he goes into the memory all the games are still there. So we wondered if there was anyway of getting the info out of the memory & switching it to another or new profile????

BadOmen & Publik NME - unfortunately he has never been on line with this Xbox - just plays at home with his friends & brother (as well as chain sawing me in half on numerous occasions!!!!!!).

Thanks again, Beth.
Back to top Go down
Publik NME no1
Illusive Mod
Illusive Mod
Publik NME no1

PostSubject: Re: Please Help - Corrupted xbox 360 profile.   Please Help - Corrupted xbox 360 profile. EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 3:18 am

Which model is it?
Back to top Go down
beth8484
48 Hour Trial
48 Hour Trial

PostSubject: Re: Please Help - Corrupted xbox 360 profile.   Please Help - Corrupted xbox 360 profile. EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 5:46 am

Hi,

thanks for your continued interest. It is an Elite 360 120gb Jasper version - does that make a difference??

Thanks, Beth.
Back to top Go down
BadOmenYourWay
Promoter
Promoter
BadOmenYourWay

PostSubject: Re: Please Help - Corrupted xbox 360 profile.   Please Help - Corrupted xbox 360 profile. EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 6:56 am

Im not sure what else you could do, sorry.
Back to top Go down
Publik NME no1
Illusive Mod
Illusive Mod
Publik NME no1

PostSubject: Re: Please Help - Corrupted xbox 360 profile.   Please Help - Corrupted xbox 360 profile. EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 7:12 am

When you say never, not even to set up the profile? It's a problem others have experienced. Is the account silver (with a email attached)? If so delete the profile, NOTHING ELSE and then hook your xbox up to the net and recover your profile (you'll need the email & password attached to the account). This should uncorrupt your profile and allow the saves to be used again.

Or try hooking up the Xbox to the net and let the Xbox run it's updates. May be worth a shot.
Back to top Go down
BadOmenYourWay
Promoter
Promoter
BadOmenYourWay

PostSubject: Re: Please Help - Corrupted xbox 360 profile.   Please Help - Corrupted xbox 360 profile. EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 7:19 am

Publik NME no1 wrote:
When you say never, not even to set up the profile? It's a problem others have experienced. Is the account silver (with a email attached)? If so delete the profile, NOTHING ELSE and then hook your xbox up to the net and recover your profile (you'll need the email & password attached to the account). This should uncorrupt your profile and allow the saves to be used again.

Or try hooking up the Xbox to the net and let the Xbox run it's updates. May be worth a shot.

That may work, but if its not a silver account DO NOT delete it lol, if you delete it without a email attached it will be gone.
Back to top Go down
Publik NME no1
Illusive Mod
Illusive Mod
Publik NME no1

PostSubject: Re: Please Help - Corrupted xbox 360 profile.   Please Help - Corrupted xbox 360 profile. EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 7:54 am

BadOmenYourWay wrote:
Publik NME no1 wrote:

That may work, but if its not a silver account DO NOT delete it lol, if you delete it without a email attached it will be gone.
True.... but it's not much good as it is anyway. LOL
Back to top Go down
DaddyDaveedo
Vault Hunter
Vault Hunter
DaddyDaveedo

Gamertag : DaddyDaveedo
Cash : 2413
Times Thanked : 11

PostSubject: Re: Please Help - Corrupted xbox 360 profile.   Please Help - Corrupted xbox 360 profile. EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 10:26 am

beth8484 wrote:
Hi, I expect this topic has been covered before but can anyone out there help my son?? He has just turned his xbox 360 back on, after it glitched during a game & now his profile says corrupted Sad . The memory still shows the games & achievements but when he loads a game it is just as if it has never been played. He has never been online - so it is not a virus but this also means that nothing is saved online. Is there a way to put this right or has he lost everything? Have looked online but that seems to come down to buying dodgy fixes that are not even guaranteed!!!. Would be really grateful for any help - Thanks, Beth.

If he has never conected his xbox to the internet then I'm afraid he is pretty much screwed, since you need to connected your profile to an e-mail address to be able to recover it, if he hasn't done that then if he deletes it he will lose all his achievements and so on and have to start from scratch, if he has joined xbox live then just a simple deleting of his profile off the console then recovering it (using e-mail you used to sign up) there is no point buying any glitch fixes offline, most don't work.

if he hasn't joined xbox live, then I would get him to start his profile again and then join xbox live (silver account - free) that way if anything like tis happens again he can just recover his profile
Back to top Go down
http://www.xbox360gamesforum.com
KYRAT89
Graphics
Graphics
KYRAT89

Gamertag : KYRAT89
Forum Achievements : 1
Cash : 376
Times Thanked : 3

PostSubject: Re: Please Help - Corrupted xbox 360 profile.   Please Help - Corrupted xbox 360 profile. EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 11:48 am

seen this before there is nothing you can do if the profile is offline and corrupted, you wuda stood a chance if the profile was online and did wot OMEN said, these things happen, and if he has already played it since the corruption theres no way back, this has happened to me twice in GEARS 3 i was lvl 49 and i lost my oynx medals and everything else, i was rippen, then i played online and it stayed the same because i played online it saved my new lvl and my stuff was lost, it happened again when i was lvl 100 and i said i was never playing gears again instantly SWITCHED xbox off and took out my hardrive and gave it a blow and restarted my xbox and thank god my level was normal again
Back to top Go down
beth8484
48 Hour Trial
48 Hour Trial

PostSubject: Re: Please Help - Corrupted xbox 360 profile.   Please Help - Corrupted xbox 360 profile. EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 10:21 pm

Hi,

thanks all - for letting me know your experiences - at least we know where we stand. He never went online with it because his brother had trouble with his when he went online - can't win!!!

At the moment he just wants to give-up but if calms down I will get him to go online before he does anything else.

Thanks agian,
Beth.
Back to top Go down
beth8484
48 Hour Trial
48 Hour Trial

PostSubject: Re: Please Help - Corrupted xbox 360 profile.   Please Help - Corrupted xbox 360 profile. EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 10:36 pm

PS - did take note of KYRAT89's comment about losing all the old stuff once you play online so will trr all other avenues first. Enjoy the sun, Beth.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Gamertag : UK Ninja
Forum Achievements : 6
Trade Rep : 7
Cash : 1004
Times Thanked : 12

PostSubject: Re: Please Help - Corrupted xbox 360 profile.   Please Help - Corrupted xbox 360 profile. EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 4:16 am

Hi Beth and welcome to the forum.

I would suggest following this link http://support.xbox.com/en-CA/contact-us#1:14

Then choose 'Chat with Microsoft Support'

This will enable an online chat screen with XBOX 360 customer support who may be able to assist you further. I would also suggest just copying and pasting your first post here into the chat window to save you explaining it all again!

Failing that, keep checking back here for more solutions Very Happy
Back to top Go down
beth8484
48 Hour Trial
48 Hour Trial

PostSubject: Re: Please Help - Corrupted xbox 360 profile.   Please Help - Corrupted xbox 360 profile. EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 12:37 am

Hi Ninja,

thanks for the link, I will certainly give a go - happy to try anything at the mo. If I get any positive info I will report back - in case anyone else has a similar problem.

Take care,
Beh.
Back to top Go down
DaddyDaveedo
Vault Hunter
Vault Hunter
DaddyDaveedo

PostSubject: Re: Please Help - Corrupted xbox 360 profile.   Please Help - Corrupted xbox 360 profile. EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 8:22 am

beth8484 wrote:
PS - did take note of KYRAT89's comment about losing all the old stuff once you play online so will trr all other avenues first. Enjoy the sun, Beth.

I hope he gets it sorted soon
Back to top Go down
beth8484
48 Hour Trial
48 Hour Trial

PostSubject: Re: Please Help - Corrupted xbox 360 profile.   Please Help - Corrupted xbox 360 profile. EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 2:09 am

Hi,

just as an up-date. I did get to talk to a micrsoft support agent but they could not help & said we should get a new harddrive to be on the safe side - good 'sales' service!! A friend of a friend used to own a games & PC shop & my friend has passed a message on to him but he is in America a the moment. He is our last hope - will let you know if he has any ideas - if not my son will just have to cut his losses whilst doing a little living & learning!!!

Take care all,
Beth.
Back to top Go down
KiLLWaVez
1 Month Gold
1 Month Gold
KiLLWaVez

PostSubject: Re: Please Help - Corrupted xbox 360 profile.   Please Help - Corrupted xbox 360 profile. EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 3:19 am

Yes a hard-drrve problem does seem likely then, I would invest in a new one.. what your son could do to avoid this happening again is to save his profile on a usb stick as a backup.
Back to top Go down
beth8484
48 Hour Trial
48 Hour Trial

PostSubject: Re: Please Help - Corrupted xbox 360 profile.   Please Help - Corrupted xbox 360 profile. EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 3:33 am

Hi SWag-WaVe,

thanks for the USB stick idea - didn't realise that was possible. Sorry to sound simple but can only see 8gb & 16gb sticks for the 360 - does he need a seperate one for each game saved??

Take care,
Beth.
Back to top Go down
KiLLWaVez
1 Month Gold
1 Month Gold
KiLLWaVez

PostSubject: Re: Please Help - Corrupted xbox 360 profile.   Please Help - Corrupted xbox 360 profile. EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 3:42 am

@beth, a profile isnt that big you could get a usb tick with as little as 1gb memory and that would be more than enough.. you could save 400 profiles on that, doesnt need to be an official xbox one either.. any will work..

infact couldnt you save a profile on like a mp3 player? (question to other members)
Back to top Go down
DaddyDaveedo
Vault Hunter
Vault Hunter
DaddyDaveedo

PostSubject: Re: Please Help - Corrupted xbox 360 profile.   Please Help - Corrupted xbox 360 profile. EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 6:38 am

beth8484 wrote:
Hi SWag-WaVe,

thanks for the USB stick idea - didn't realise that was possible. Sorry to sound simple but can only see 8gb & 16gb sticks for the 360 - does he need a seperate one for each game saved??

Take care,
Beth.

You don't need a XBOX memory stick, just any memory stick will do, all you need to do is plug it in to your xbox, go to settings, memory then click on the USB drive and configure it.

Swag-Killa, Yeah you could save it to a MP3 player but only if it allows you to format it to be registered with the xbox only.
Back to top Go down
beth8484
48 Hour Trial
48 Hour Trial

PostSubject: Re: Please Help - Corrupted xbox 360 profile.   Please Help - Corrupted xbox 360 profile. EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 8:03 am

Hi guys,

thanks for the info on USB sticks & MP3s - all really helpful. At this rate I will know more about the console than my offspring.

Sorry it takes a while for me to answer but my son has taken over the PC whilst his Xbox is down - especially as he is off college for the hols - lucky me!!!

Happy Easter to all,
Beth.
Back to top Go down
beth8484
48 Hour Trial
48 Hour Trial

PostSubject: Re: Please Help - Corrupted xbox 360 profile.   Please Help - Corrupted xbox 360 profile. EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 8:41 am

Hi,

just realised I was being a bit thick again - thought you ment save all the games on to a USB stick Laughing but now realise you mean that the profile/game tag can be saved seperately - very handy - thanks.

I'll get there in the end ,
Beth.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please Help - Corrupted xbox 360 profile.   Please Help - Corrupted xbox 360 profile. Empty

Back to top Go down

Please Help - Corrupted xbox 360 profile.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
XBox Games Forums :: XBox Games Forum - Main forums :: XBOX 360 Problems-